Sunday, March 12, 2006

Brother

I remember when my adopted brother came home from the service. I was so excited! Even though he was 11 years older (21) and I was only 10 ...I just knew he was going to be wonderful. Indeed he was so handsome coming home in his uniform. He would take me around with him visiting his buddies...I'll never forget the feeling of riding beside MY BROTHER in has fancy convertible..flying down the highway. He treated me so nice and smiled so kindly......except that he drank.

when he drank he would come to my room and lie down quietly beside me....sooooo quietly.

I remember the first time.....I didn't understand why he was there...I remember him telling me to just be quiet because Daddy would get mad if I woke him.....I remember thinking that I didn't like how he smelled, something wasn't right and I just wanted him to go away.......But he didn't......

and he didn't .....

and he didn't.

all summer.......

I couldn't tell Daddy because I just knew he wouldn't love me anymore...and Daddy loving me was my everything.

so life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home