Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Summer of Europe

I was ten the spring/summer that 'Mother' and my sister went to Europe for six weeks. Six glorious weeks!! No trip to Florida that year! The housekeeper was to watch over me during the day and my older brother, who was home from the service, was to watch me in the evenings until Daddy came home from work.

My brother, whom I had just met, was my hero!! Oh so handsome and fun. He took me everywhere with him and when Daddy could, he'd come home and take me out to dinner to his favorite places.....I felt so special when we'd go out to eat...I was his favorite princess!! Daddy was so proud of me!

...but he didn't know....

my hero was molesting me.

Damn....why is this so hard? I cry as I write..... and I don't know why.
.......perhaps , I'm healing.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger BabyGirl said...

Thank you Margaret for acknowledging my pain. Yes, I've been the counselor route..My mind knows none of this is my fault...my soul still cries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home