Sunday, March 12, 2006

Life With 'Mother'

'Mother' and Daddy had a strange relationship, which I still don't understand,but other than it needed to be stated~~ it's none of my business....'Mother' had health problems so each spring until late fall we would go to the Florida house....Daddy was a very successful business man, so he never went with us. Oh , how I dreaded those months! It was always just my sister, me and 'Mother'. I haven't mentioned my sister much, only because, even in childhood, she just blended. There was never any friction between her and 'Mother'.....She learned early just to say "Yes, Mother Dear"....." Would you care for another cup of coffee, Mother Dear?" .....God how I hated her!!*...and envied her that she was so docile.

'Mother' had a boyfriend whom we called Uncle J. Another something I've never understood.....as my Daddy knew about it....So what's up with that??? Again , not my business....but it did affect me , so it was worth mentioning. He spent a lot of time at our Florida house.

Everyday that I spent in the Florida house was a misery to me. There was no Daddy around to protect me and 'Mother' made good use of the time...Don't get me wrong...there were days, when she felt motherly and life was good..... but not often. I don't know how to explain this quite...but 'Mother' was a very sexual person....I guess she was frustrated since her 'boyfriend' couldn't spend the nights with us ( however I caught them on numerous occasions out in the florida room)....anyway, each day at 2pm we were to take naps....At least once a week either my sister or myself was called into her room to 'come give her a cuddle'.

God how I hated her!!...

* sometimes I think in the long run my sister suffered more than I did...I'm sorry for every second I didn't love her

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger BabyGirl said...

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I hope you don't take away any sadness for me...just go give a child a hug and tell them how very very special they are....that's the whole purpose of my writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home