Friday, March 17, 2006

Someone Cared Enough to Reach Out

When I was 16 there was a major investigation of the hospital I was in which led to some major changes....One being that I was transferred to a better facility where the object was to address why I was there in the first place. It was a hospital still.... But in another part of the state and as different as night and day.
There was a lady (angel) who worked there ...God Bless Her.....Who saw a child in need....... Reached out to me and finally after 16 years...Put a stop to the injustice. If it weren't for this wonderful person I don't think I would have survived another year. She became my guardian and welcomed me into her home. With her love and the love of her family....I slowly was able to learn to trust and love in a normal way.....I can't express enough my love for her.

I never knew the joys of play as a child
the comfort of a mothers love
the firm guidance of a fathers hand
the silliness of a siblings laughter.

but I learned...Perhaps the hard way.......What unconditional love really is....

It's the person who will take you as you are....even damaged

..And find you

worthy of being nourished.

Listen....

Do you hear a child?

4 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Pirate said...

yes.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger BabyGirl said...

Thank You for taking the time to read this Pirate... and most of all for listening. You are a person with a loving heart..your children are blessed.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

everyday! That is one of many reasons I teach.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger BabyGirl said...

I thank God for teachers and Mothers like you. I hope that you can share this with other teachers that you think will benefit from it. I can understand that some may be a bit taken aback by the story, but I hope that somewhere someone will read it and make a difference. Thank you for taking the time.
God Bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home